Northern State University in Aberdeen: Academic Programs
Number of degree programs offered
Northern State University offers 192 programs in total: 123 are for Bachelor's degree, 24 - for Master's degree, 21 - for less than 1-year certificate programs, 18 - for Associate's degree, and 6 are Postbaccalaureate certificate.
This is the middle number of programs in comparison with other 31 universities in South Dakota state. Northern State University is one of the few institutions in South Dakota that offers an Associate's degree program.
Number of degree programs offered via distance education
There are 42 distance education programs that are offered in the Northern State University: 18 are for Bachelor's degree, 12 - for Master's degree, 9 - for Associate's degree and 3 are less than 1-year certificate programs.
Note, that programs offered via distance education might be entirely online as well as partially online and require on-campus meetings. So look carefully into each program to make sure you can commit.
Total credit/contact hours
Here you can find the data on instructional activity in measured in total credit and/or contact hours delivered by institutions during a 12-month period. Also we shown the South Dakota state average data to help you compare.
Northern State University provides coursework for undergraduate students and graduate students.
In 2014-2015 academic year estimated full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment was 2078 students with 62336 сredit hours for 12-month instructional activity period. The enrollment for graduates was 217 with 5213 credit hours.
TOP 5 Popular Majors
The most popular majors counted as percentage breakdown of degrees awarded in every single discipline in Northern State University
Filters by degree:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Administration and Supervision
- Special Education and Teaching
- Student Counseling and Personnel Services
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Levels and Methods
- Elementary Education and Teaching
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Subject Areas
- Art Teacher Education
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Music Teacher Education
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
- Social Science Teacher Education
- Biology Teacher Education
- History Teacher Education
- Teaching English or French as a Second or Foreign Language
- Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language/ESL Language Instructor
- Spanish Language Teacher Education
Business Administration, Management and Operations
- Business Administration, Management and Operations
- Business Administration and Management
- Accounting and Related Services
- Finance and Financial Management Services
- Banking and Financial Support Services
- International Business
- International Business/Trade/Commerce
- Management Information Systems and Services
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing/Marketing Management
Germanic Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Commercial and Advertising Art
Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
Computer/Information Technology Administration and Management
Health and Physical Education/Fitness
Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science/Research and Allied Professions
More colleges and universities in South Dakota state
Thank you for your feedback! % of people found this helpful