Alvin Community College in Alvin: Academic Programs
Number of degree programs offered
Alvin Community College offers 183 programs in total: 105 are for Associate's degree, 36 - for 1-year, but less than-2-year certificate programs, 33 - for less than 1-year certificate programs, and 9 are 2-year, but less than 4-year certificate programs.
This is one of the lowest number of programs in comparison with other 471 universities in Texas state, with one of the highest number of 2-year, but less than 4-year certificate. Alvin Community College is one of the few institutions in Texas that offers an Associate's degree program.
Number of degree programs offered via distance education
There are 18 distance education programs that are provided in the Alvin Community College: 15 are for Associate's degree and 3 are less than 1-year certificate programs.
Note, that programs offered via distance education might be fully online as well as partially online and require on-campus meetings. So explore each program to make sure you can commit.
Total credit/contact hours
Here you can find the data on instructional activity in measured in total credit and/or contact hours delivered by institutions during a 12-month period. Also we shown the Texas state average data to help you compare.
Alvin Community College provides coursework for undergraduate students оnly.
In 2014-2015 academic year estimated full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment was 3860 students with 115801 сredit hours for 12-month instructional activity period.
TOP 5 Popular Majors
The most popular majors counted as percentage breakdown of degrees awarded in every single discipline in Alvin Community College
Filters by degree:
Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
- Allied Health and Medical Assisting Services
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Allied Health Diagnostic, Intervention, and Treatment Professions
- Electroneurodiagnostic/Electroencephalographic Technology/Technologist
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Sonographer and Ultrasound Technician
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Services Technician
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursin
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
Drama/Theatre Arts and Stagecraft
Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Levels and Methods
Criminal Justice and Corrections
Computer and Information Sciences
Legal Support Services
Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technologies
Human Development, Family Studies, and Related Services
Drafting/Design Engineering Technologies/Technicians
Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
Health and Physical Education/Fitness
More colleges and universities in Texas state
Thank you for your feedback! % of people found this helpful